Hello, hello! This is very exciting!
The lovely Meg over at Vodka & Daisies has nominated me for a Liebster award!
Now if I'm completely honest I have never heard of these awards until this nomination but looking at the site I am completely blown away by the award - I just love it! I've been reading their site and found out that "Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome". All of those things sound so beautiful! Read all about it here.
So, there are some rules about this award and what you have to do when you are nominated and if you choose to accept:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you (don’t forget to link their blog too)
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate between 5 and 11 other blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award
6. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
7. List all of these rules in your post
8. Inform your nominees that you have nominated them and provide a link to your post
About my blog
I have been writing on and off for quite a while and I have always loved it. I got really into looking at other bloggers in the UK and decided I would love to do it! I started designing a website back end of 2015. One of my good friends started a lifestyle blog and I thought it was great and was even more determined, but I didn't like the site I had started. So I started to design this site. I am always looking for new things to try, places to go and things to see and I love the fact that this blog has enabled me to do it. I picked my blog name based on the fact that this blog was going to be about things that I love and am inspired by, which is why I named it after myself. 'Jots' was a word I liked for 'writing' so Emma's Jots was born!
10 random facts about me
1. I'm a Disney addict. My favourite film of all time is Beauty And The Beast (1991).
2. I can play bass and drums. I've played bass in a few bands and I also went to music college. I wanted to be a musician after leaving college but it just didn't pan out that way.
3. I went from not knowing what the hell primer was to a full on makeup addict in less than a year.
4. I snore really badly due to damaging my nose when I was a kid. It's a little on the wonky side but it never bothers me, just means my glasses don't sit completely straight.
5. I hate peas.
6. I would LOVE to be in Doctor Who one day - it would be a dream come true!
7. I would love to do radio shows but I feel like I have an awful voice that people would hate.
8. I accidently got caught up in a protest once. It was really scary. Thankfully I can laugh about it now! I might even post my story about it.
9. I love drawing and painting but I'm rubbish at it.
10. I love buying homeware on a regluar basis. Nothing pleases me more than finding a little gem to fit that perfect space in my house (although I am slowly running out of it...). Blankets are at the top of my homeware list, and I can never resist a new candle!
My nominations for this award are as follows:
Champagne & Petals
The Travels of Mrs B
Sophie In Wonderland
Coffee With Kays
My Q&A from Vodka & Daisies
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Already starting with a tricky question as I love food! I would have to say pizza as you can have literally anything on it so I will still get all my vegetables and meat on a daily basis.
2. What is your favourite book or book series?
Argh, I love books! I would probably have to say my favourite book I have read recently is You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher. I would recommend it to anyone, it's such a cute story! You can buy it here.
3. What is your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
I have to say Donatello, only because he wears a purple bandana on his head and I LOVE purple. Plus he's always the first one that pops into my head when anyone asks me to name them.
4. What 3 things would you take to a desert island?
A fly/mosquito swatter as I hate those things, Weasley (my big cat who I adore and I would need cuddles with to keep me sane, plus I can talk to him) and Aladdin's lamp so I can wish my way out of the situation.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would you choose?
Ooh so many people! I think ultimately I would have to say William Shakespeare. I love his work, his words are so powerful and so poetic; I would love to sit and have dinner with him and talk about his inspirations. However, I would worry that it would be a disappointment.
6. Out of all the countries that you have visited, which was your favourite?
I've not visited many to be honest, however America is my favourite! I was in Florida and there is so much going on, it was basically my perfect place.
7. What are you most afraid of?
Spiders and fire. I can't cope with either of them. Spiders make me want to cry and I feel a little sick if they're too big and come near me and if I hear a fire alarm or smell smoke I am usually on the brink of a mild panic attack. I hate both of them!
8. Name one celebrity that you wish you could marry?
I'm already married! But if I had to pick someone else to marry I would say Jared Leto. I must admit I did prefer him in his The Kill/From Yesterday phase but he's still pretty!
9. Llamas or Alpacas?
Llamas. I like that word more than the word Alpaca. Although if someone could explain the difference in the two animals I would be forever grateful!
10. Describe your favourite dish.
Pasta, some sort of meat and tomato sauce. Topped with cheese. Always topped with cheese!
11. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
I think I would change the amount of time I had to pursue my writing and blogging career. It would be amazing if I had more time to be able to do everything I possibly can to better myself on this career path.
Q&A from me to my nominated bloggers
1. If you could pick any career in the world, what would it be?
2. Name your favourite flower.
3. If money was no object, describe your dream holiday.
4. If you had to pick three fictional people to share a house with, who would you choose and why?
5. What sport would be the funniest after a few cocktails?
6. If you were arrested and your friends and family didn't know why, what would they assume you had done?
7. If you had a choice of eating just your favourite food for the rest of your life or eating whatever you wanted EXCEPT your favourite food, what would you do?
8. If you could spend one day as someone else, who would it be?
9. Who do you think would win between Maleficent and Jafar?
10. If you could be a character in any book, which one would you pick?
11. Which Hogwarts house would you be in, and why?
Okay so that's my Liebster Award post; thank you again to Meg at Vodka & Daisies! Over to you, my beautiful nominees!